September 28, 2010

Magnolia Cupcakes

I went to new york this weekend!

and took approximately zero pictures. I know, mega fail. But here's the thing: I always get annoyed when people don't blog very often, so that every time they do blog they're just saying "oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that I haven't blogged in such a long time!" and you're like "seriously? stop talking about not blogging and just BLOG already."

So I've decided that instead of being all apologetic and annoying when I don't take pictures, I am just going to forge on with aplomb. You'll be stuck with just words. Sorry kids. (And seriously! What happened to the good old days when you could just WRITE? When people would IMAGINE things in their MIND? Bring back the printing press!) (Oh wait, but then there wouldn't be blogs either. just tomes. and I don't think I'm very good at tome-ing. (like blogging, but old schooler))

That was a tangent. This is what I actually wanted to talk about.

On Saturday, I was wandering around midtown, heading towards the MoMA (one of my favorite museums) when I saw "Magnolia Bakery." It sounded vaguely familiar, and I wanted a cupcake, so I went inside. Apparently, I was supposed to know all about this place since it was in Sex in the City, but since I'm culturally illiterate I didn't know that.

There was no line (which I later found out is a great anomaly) and ordered a banana cupcake. Eh, probably will be pretty good I figured.

Oh you guys. It was pretty much the best cupcake I have ever had. All moist and wonderful and then about halfway through I hit the center, which was this caramel banana's fosterish thing. It could also have been this tasty because I just walked 20 blocks and hadn't eaten in 5 hours, but I am going to pretend that is not the case.

so later, one of my hosts told me that apparently, magnolia bakery is just a tourist trap and the real place to go in the city is "Crumbs." Which made me think 2 things: 1. I was a tourist. And I got tourist trapped. But what a delicious trap it was! and 2. What is this place that can make something BETTER than this cupcake that I just proposed to and bought a house with?

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to visit Crumbs on this trip. Guess I'll just have to visit the city again. . .

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thanks alot. I want a banana cup cake now. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...