October 04, 2010

some things are just not a good idea

Okay, so I get that in a lot of creative outlets, innovation comes from paring seemingly incongruous objects or ideas together to create something new. For example: putting a racer back (seemingly sporty) design element into a formal dress makes it "fresh," combining sea salt with caramel (sweet) ends up bringing out the sweet flavors even more. . .

I get that.

But sometimes there are things that are just not a good idea. Some things should never go together.

Things like broccoli and cupcakes.

(I am not making this up. Be prepared.)

Image courtesy The Kitchenist
yeaaaah. Keep in mind, broccoli is not my favorite, but I definitely don't dislike it. I'll eat it, especially when cheese is involved. This recipe even has cheese! but no way.

Also granted, these are muffins, not cupcakes. But STILL. Just think about this. You would look at it all innocently and think "mmmmm, cornbread muffin things. yum yum yum." And then you bite in and maybe on your first bite, you don't actually hit broccoli. "yum yum yum," you keep thinking. And THEN.

"WHAT THE HECK THERE IS A TREE IN MY MUFFIN!?"

This would not be a pleasant moment. I imagine that if you actually tried to bite into the broccoli it would end up just falling out into your hand because I'm imagining (since I don't actually want to make these muffins) that it wouldn't bind with the muffin very well. And then you'd be like "well, I just grabbed this muffin to eat in the car on my way to work, but now I have broccoli and a muffin, which is like an actual meal, and I should probably use a fork"

and by then you might have crashed into someone (if you were driving to work while eating this) or gotten so distracted from whatever you were doing in your kitchen that you would be useless to society or something.

So the moral of the story is: Make muffins. Eat Broccoli. Don't do it together. It just isn't safe.

1 comment:

Kindle said...

BEST POST BY FAR... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...