November 11, 2012

november, an apologetic

november sunset

“November is the most disagreeable month in the whole year," said Margaret, standing at the window one dull afternoon, looking out at the frostbitten garden. 

Nearly ever fall, I re-read Little Women. There's something comforting in seeing the March sisters grow up again and again, and I always find a part of the book that I hadn't quite appreciated fully before.


But this part--the part where Meg hates on November--has always bothered me. November is one of my favorite months. Why? Well,  election day, the weather (not so cold that you're sick of it), Thanksgiving, after-Thanksgiving-preparing-for-Christmas, mulled cider, and scarves. I mean, really--that's most of the good stuff in life right there.



3 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

I completely agree!

Hannah Thorson said...

and then jo says, that's why i was born in it.
don't agree with that either.....
novmber is my fave cuz i was born in it
right??

Ruth H. said...

Maybe the weather is different in Massachusetts in November -- Meg was looking out at a dull day and the garden was frostbitten after all.
Personally, I would love fall more, except that the beginnings of cold weather remind me that winter is coming and I always have a hard time enduring the winter (after Christmas, that is).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...